What is the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art in Vegas?
The Bellagio hotel boasts some of Las Vegas’ biggest artistic masterpieces. The hotel lobby’s ceiling is adorned with a Dale Chihuly sculpture, commissioned exclusively for Bellagio. The piece, called Fiori di Como, is made of 2,000 colorful hand-blown glass flowers. The Picasso restaurant inside the Bellagio not only offers gourmet cuisine, but also surrounds diners with an extensive collection of original Picasso artwork. But by far the largest display of art in the hotel can be found in the Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. The gallery presents world-class exhibitions of art and objects drawn from internationally known museums and private collections. Past exhibitions have included Monet masterworks, Andy Warhol’s celebrity portraits, Fabergé treasures from the Kremlin and Alexander Calder mobiles.
“We really encourage people of all different levels to come and view the gallery, whether you are beginner, intermediate or advanced level on your knowledge,” said Tarissa Tiberti, executive director of Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art. Whether you look at art frequently or never gave it much thought, add some time in your trip to check it out. You really don’t have to be an expert.
Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Details
- Hours of operation: Open daily, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Last admission is sold 30 minutes prior to closing.
Daily docent tours are available at 2 p.m. and last approximately 45 minutes long (subject to change due to availability). Tours are complimentary with the purchase of any admission.
Visitors can also enjoy the monthly “Art & Wine: A Perfect Pairing” on the second Wednesday of each month. The event pairs wines from Bellagio’s cellar with artwork featured in the gallery’s current exhibition “Warhol Out West” The program features an interactive conversation about wine and art with Jason Smith, Bellagio’s director of wine and master sommelier, with the knowledge of Tarissa Tiberti, BGFA Director. Tickets are $38 ($30 for BGFA members). Guests must be at least 21 years old to participate. Dates for 2013: Sept. 11, Oct. 9 and Dec. 11 ( 5 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Cost: $16 for visitors 13 and older; $13 for Nevada residents and seniors 65 and older; $11 for military, teachers and college students; Children 12 years old and younger are free. Annual memberships are also available. An audio tour of the gallery is included in the price of the exhibit.
Cash, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover.
- Reservations: Tickets are available 30 days in advance. Purchasing advance tickets is encouraged; call (702) 693-7871 or (877) 957-9777. The gallery can also arrange private parties and events. Please call for more details.
- Location: Located inside the Bellagio hotel-casino at the intersection of Flamingo Road and the Las Vegas Strip.
- Age/Height/Weight restrictions: You must be 18 years of age or a registered hotel guest to enter the Bellagio. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Photography and strollers are not allowed inside the gallery.