What’s the Golden Nugget Resort and Casino in Vegas?
If you’re looking for entertainment, the resort’s showroom is stocked with star power. Impressionist Gordie Brown brings nearly a hundred celebs — from icons like Elvis and Michael Jackson to Aaron Neville and Sylvester Stallone — to life onstage. Of course, there is always live music and free Viva Vision sound and light shows to enjoy as part of the popular Fremont Street Experience attraction. The Golden Nugget, which is located in the heart of downtown, feels like a property you’d find on the Strip. Even though it’s got a long history, nothing about it is dated. The Golden Nugget is a dynamic resort with a hip attitude and doors that open out onto all the excitement of Fremont Street.
Golden Nugget Details
- Number of Rooms 2,425 rooms, 171 luxury suites and 9 penthouses.
- Casino Yes, 38,000 square feet. There are approximately 1,200 slot and video poker machines and 50 table games. Casino games include blackjack, Caribbean Stud poker, craps, keno, Let It Ride, pai gow poker, poker, roulette, slots and Megabucks. The casino also has a poker room and a four-table baccarat pit.
- Race & Sports Book Yes, a country club-style race and sports book, equipped with seven betting stations, multiple plasma televisions, 62 plush seats and four booths with private screens.
- Restaurants The Golden Nugget has the following dining options: The Buffet, Chart House, Lillie’s Asian Cuisine, Vic & Anthony’s, Grotto Ristorante, Red Sushi, Starbucks, The Grille and a snack bar.
- Entertainment Yes, visiting headliners in the 600-seat showroom, as well as impressionist, singer and entertainer Gordie Brown and SPANK! The Fifty Shades Parody.
- Nightlife Rush Lounge, Claude’s Bar, the International Beer Bar and Gold Diggers. There is also the indoor/outdoor Bar 46 with a view of the Fremont Street Experience.
- Attractions The Golden Nugget is home to the Hand of Faith, the largest single nugget of gold in the world. It weighs a massive 61 pounds, 11 ounces and is displayed (free of charge) with another nugget weighing 13 pounds. The resort also has a 200,000-gallon aquarium located on the pool deck. This aquarium houses several shark species and is part of a three-story pool complex complete with waterfalls and an enclosed waterslide that passes through the aquarium.
- Pool Yes. There are two pools. The Tank features a 200,000-gallon aquarium, the centerpiece of the resort’s pool complex. There’s also a two-level infinity pool for adults called The Hideout.
Health Club or Fitness Equipment Yes.
- Spa Yes, the Spa and Salon.
- Shops Yes, there are four shops: d’Oro jewelry and watch shop, The Chocolate Box, Nineteen Forty-Six and Style + Trend.
- Wedding Services Yes, the Wedding Chapel at Golden Nugget offers a number of wedding ceremony packages and services.
- Business Center Yes, located in the South Tower. Facilities offer faxing, copying, high-speed Internet (T1) capabilities and shipping through FedEx among other services.
- Convention Rooms Yes, there’s more than 37,000 square feet of meeting space to accommodate everything from a private executive summit for five to a gala of 1,300.
- Child-care Facilities No.
- Room Service Yes.
- Pets Allowed No.
- In-Room Internet Access Yes, for an additional fee.
- Hotel Amenities Beauty salon, laundry, luggage and maid service, safety deposit box and wake-up call.
- Parking Garage Yes, a six-story parking garage.
- RV Park No.
- Shuttle Service to the airport Shuttle service to and from the airport available for a fee from an outside company.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip No.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms Yes.
- Check-in Time 3 p.m.
- Check-out Time 11 a.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room 18 years.
- Policies The maximum total number of guests (adults and children) in a room is four.
- Incidental Charges Hotel requires a credit card or a cash deposit for incidental charges.
- Resort Fee Golden Nugget has a $5.00 per room, per night resort fee. Tax may or may not be included. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel.
The resort fee includes:
- Fee is used to support the Fremont Street Experience, a seven-block, open-air pedestrian mall and attraction located outside of the Golden Nugget and other downtown hotels. The Fremont Street Experience hosts strolling street performers, live music performances and an electronic light and video shows on a 1,500-foot LED canopy.