What is the Roller Coaster at New York-New York?
Located on the popular intersection of Tropicana Ave. and Las Vegas Blvd., The Roller Coaster at New York-New York is hard to miss. Set in a perfect postcard shot, its surroundings include a replica of the New York harbor, a 150-foot model of the Statue of Liberty as well as several of Manhattan’s popular buildings. And to make things even more fun, the roller coaster trains are designed like New York taxicabs.
The ride begins with a steep hill, building great suspense and anticipation. Enjoy the aerial view of the south end of the Strip while you can, because before you know it, you’re plummeting down a 144-foot drop. The intensity continues with loops, corkscrews and hills, speeding up to 67 miles per hour. This isn’t your average upside-down roller coaster. The loops on this ride are insane — you’ll twist and turn in ways you never imagined. The combinations of corkscrews, hills and the exhilarating, 180-degree heartline spiral will keep you gripping your harnesses.
The Roller Coaster at New York-New York Details
- Hours of operation: Sunday – Thursday, 11 a.m. – 11 p.m.; Friday and Saturday, 10:30 a.m. – midnight.
- Cost: $14 per person. Second-time riders can purchase an additional ticket for $7. Both tickets should be purchased at the same time. The All-Day Scream Pass is $25. The “Flight-for-Four” package is available for $60 and includes admission for four as well as two souvenir photos Please call for special group rates.
- Payment options: Cash, American Express, Discover, Mastercard, Visa.
- Reservations: N/A.
- Location: Located on the second level inside the New York-New York hotel-casino at the south end of the Strip where Las Vegas Boulevard meets Tropicana Avenue.
- Age/Height/Weight restrictions: You must be 54 inches tall to ride, and no loose articles are allowed on the ride.