What is the Palms Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas?
The Palms has been setting the standard for hipness in Las Vegas since opening its doors with a huge celebrity-studded bash in 2001. Situated just a short distance west of the Las Vegas Strip on Flamingo Road, the resort knows all about style — but still delivers substance and first-rate service in the process. All the rooms at the Palms are comfortable and trendy, but it’s the suites in the resort’s Fantasy Tower that truly provide an escape from reality. There’s the Kingpin Suite with a regulation-sized bowling alley, the Barbie Suite with hot pink décor and a mirror made from 65 Barbie dolls, the Hardwood Suite with an indoor basketball court and locker room, the Erotic Suite with a round, rotating bed and mirrored ceiling…just to name a few. Plus, there are six Sky Villas (located near the top of the tower under Moon Club Las Vegas and Nove Italiano). These one- and two-story suites provide the pinnacle of luxury, like private cantilevered pools that jut out above the Strip. Speaking of pools, sunbathing aficionados are sure to be lured by the pool area. This magnificent two-acre outdoor playground is comprised of several swimming pools. In addition, there are three bars, a 12-foot waterfall, 27 cabanas, in-water chaise lounges and daybeds. Along with concerts and special events, summer’s ongoing Palms Pool parties are weekend affairs not to be missed.
The Palms Hotel & Casino Details
- Number of Rooms 703.
- Casino Yes, 95,000 square feet. 2,200 slot machines and video poker machines, table games, two high limit areas, classic poker room, keno lounge. The casino has a poker room.
- Race & Sports Book Yes, the Cantor Race & Sports Book at the Palms.
- Restaurants The Palms has the following dining options: Alizé, N9NE Steak House (closed for remodeling until mid December 2013), Nove Italiano, 24/Seven, Bistro Buffet, Chocolat and a food court.
Entertainment Entertainment can be found at the Pearl, a concert venue; 14-theater Brenden Theatres and The Lounge.
- Nightlife Yes, there is ghostbar, Moon Nightclub, a sophisticated bar called Scarlet, The View and the popular center bar Social.
- Pool Yes, there are three pools. Throughout spring and summer, it is known as Palms Pool, a hip daylife hangout with DJs and special concerts.
- Health Club or Fitness Equipment Yes.
- Spa No, but guests are welcome at the Drift Spa and Hammam in Palms Place. For hair and beauty services, there is Kim Vō Salon inside the Palms.
- Shops Palms Shop, Cosmic Corner and Leor Jewelry Store.
Wedding Services No, but weddings can be planned for the pool courtyard with specialty wedding cabanas and private gardens.
- Business Center Yes.
- Convention Rooms Yes, 31,000 square feet.
- Child-care Facilities No.
- Room Service Yes.
- Pets Allowed No.
- In-Room Internet Access Yes, it’s included in the daily resort fee.
- Hotel Amenities Concierge, beauty salon, currency exchange, laundry, luggage and maid service, safety deposit box, wake-up call.
- Parking Garage Yes, there are 2 garages.
- RV Park No.
- Shuttle Service to the airport Shuttle service to and from the airport available for a fee.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip Yes, a shuttle runs every half hour from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. It departs from the main entrance at Palms and runs to/from The Forum Shops at Caesars.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms Yes.
- Check-in Time 3 p.m., 4 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Check-out Time 11 a.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room 21 years.
- Policies The maximum total number of guests (adults and children) in a room is four.
- Incidental Charges Hotel requires a credit card or cash deposit upon check-in for incidental charges. The nightly incidental deposit is $50 for standard rooms and $100 for the larger suites (including the penthouses, themed Fantasy Suites, etc.).
- Resort Fee The Palms Hotel & Casino has a $20.00 per room, per night resort fee. Tax may or may not be included. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel.
The resort fee includes:
- Internet access throughout stay (limited to one device per room).
- Cardio Center access (Palms Fitness Center only). Does NOT include: weight training equipment and access to wet areas. Does NOT include access to Drift
- Spa and/or Drift Spa’s Fitness Center.
- Shuttle service to and from The Forum Shops at Caesars during scheduled times.
- Daily “USA Today” newspaper. Available for guest pickup at the front and bell desks.
- Unlimited local and toll-free calls within the U.S.
- Printing of boarding passes at the front desk and concierge.
- Printing copies and faxes at the front desk and concierge. Excludes color copies and large print jobs.