What is the El Cortez Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas?
Constructed in 1941, the El Cortez Hotel and Casino is the oldest consistently running gaming property in Las Vegas. It is located in the Fremont East Entertainment District in historic downtown Las Vegas.With 362 hotel rooms including the Cabana Suites, El Cortez features full-pay single deck 21, 10x odds on craps, state of the art roulette and over 1000 slot machines. El Cortez is proudly affiliated with Michael Gaughan’s South Point Sports Book.Dining options at El Cortez include: Cafe Cortez, The Flame Steakhouse, and Subway. The property also includes a gift shop and full-service beauty and barber shop.
El Cortez Details
- Number of Rooms 363.
- Yes, 45,000 square feet. Casino games include blackjack, Caribbean Stud Poker, craps, keno, Let It Ride, pai gow, poker, roulette, mini-baccarat and Megabucks. There are more than 1,000 slot machines.
- Race & Sports Book Yes. The hotel offers a full range of sports betting options and is affiliated with the Station Casinos sports books.
- Restaurants El Cortez has the following dining options: Café Cortez, Dryers Ice Cream, Subway, Seattle’s Best Coffee and The Flame Steakhouse.
- Entertainment Guests can enjoy live entertainment on select nights inside The Parlour Bar & Lounge.
- Nightlife Yes, there are three bars: a lobby bar, the casino bar and The Parlour Bar & Lounge.
- Attractions No, but Fremont Street Experience is just a short stroll away.
- Pool No.
- Health Club or Fitness Equipment Yes, located at the Cabana Suites.
- Spa No, but a full-service hair salon and barber shop are located on the second floor.
- Shops One gift shop and convenience store.
- Wedding Services No.
- Business Center No.
- Convention Rooms Yes.
- Child-care Facilities No.
- Room Service Yes, 7:30 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Pets Allowed No.
- In-Room Internet Access Yes, for an additional fee (however, it is free in all the Cabana Suites room types).
- Hotel Amenities Concierge, maid service, valet parking, wake-up call, lounge and meeting rooms.
- Parking Garage Yes, two parking garages with five stories each.
- RV Park No.
- Shuttle Service to the airport Yes, Sunday thru Friday from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip No.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms Yes.
- Check-in Time 2 p.m.
- Check-out Time Noon.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room 21 years.
- Policies Children 2 and under stay free with an adult. The maximum total number of guests (adults and children) in a room is four. The maximum length of stay is seven days per any one month.
Incidental Charges The El Cortez requires either a credit or debit card upon registration. Cash deposits are not accepted. This hotel requires, upon check-in, a refundable $50 credit card deposit or $40 debit card deposit per night, up to a maximum of $120.
- Resort Fee El Cortez does not have any resort fees.