What’s the Planet Hollywood?
Shining in the spotlight of the Las Vegas Strip, Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino boasts gourmet restaurants, world-class shopping and dazzling entertainment that has hotel-casino patrons cheering for an encore. Like the plot of a motion picture, this classic Las Vegas casino — where Elvis and Priscilla Presley were married — once rose from the dead: It was imploded in 1998 and then rebuilt from the ground up. As for its most recent dazzling special effect, the Aladdin lifted the curtain to Hollywood in Sin City when it was reborn as Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino. Since Planet Hollywood’s arrival, the property has made a metamorphosis from its lackluster Arabian-theme into a high-tech, retro-chic attraction unlike any other Strip property.
Planet Hollywood Details
- Number of Rooms 2,567.
- Casino Yes, 100,000-square-foot main casino with 2,800 slot machines and 87 table games. Plus The London Club, 35,000-square-foot European-style gaming salon operated in partnership with London Clubs International. Casino games include Blackjack, Caribbean Stud Poker, Craps, Keno, Let It Ride, Pai Gow Poker, Poker, Roulette, Slots, Baccarat, Wheel of Fortune, Megabucks and Super Megabucks. The casino has a poker room.
- Race & Sports Book Yes, a 50-seat race and sports book, equipped with 30 televisions, including 42-inch plasma screens.
- Restaurants Planet Hollywood has the following dining options: Cabo Wabo, Earl of Sandwich, P.F. Chang’s China Bistro, Koi, Pink’s Hot Dogs, Planet Dailies, Spice Market Buffet, Strip House, Yolos, Starbucks and Gordon Ramsay BurGR. In the Miracle Mile Shops: Lombardi’s Romagna Mia, Ben & Jerry’s, Blondies Sports Bar & Grill, Cheeseburger at the Oasis, Fresh, La Salsa Cantina, Lobster ME, Ocean One Bar & Grille, Oyster Bay Seafood & Wine Bar, Pampas Brazilian Grille, PBR Rock Bar & Grill, Todai Seafood & Sushi Buffet, Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and Créamo, Godiva Chocolatier, D’Amore’s Pizza, Nestlé TollHouse Café and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. Meatball Spot will open in the Miracle Mile Shops in winter 2013/2014.
- Entertainment At Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino: RockTellz & CockTails Presents Meat Loaf (through Nov. 5) performs in the Planet Hollywood Showroom. Sin City Comedy & Burlesque and Purple Reign, THE Prince Tribute Show is in the Sin City Theatre on the Mezz level. Entertainment is also featured in the 7,000-seat Theatre for the Performing Arts at Planet Hollywood. V — The Ultimate Variety Show, Stripper 101, Marc Savard Comedy Hypnosis, The Mentalist, Gerry McCambridge, Hitzville The Show, Evil Dead The Musical, Gregory Popovich’s Comedy Pet Theater and Country Superstars are performed in the V Theater at the Miracle Mile Shops. VEGAS! THE SHOW, Nathan Burton Comedy Magic and BeatleShow! perform in the new Saxe Theater also inside the Miracle Mile Shops. Britney Spears will debut “Britney: Piece of Me” on Dec. 27, 2013.
- Nightlife Heart Bar, PBR Rock Bar, Cabo Wabo Cantina.
- Attractions No.
- Pool Yes, two 4,500-square-foot pools and two Jacuzzis.
- Health Club or Fitness Equipment Yes.
- Spa Yes, the 32,000-square-foot Planet Hollywood Spa by Mandara offers multiple types of massages and services.
- Shops More than 150 world-class and one-of-a-kind retail shops and several unique restaurants can be found in the Miracle Mile Shops.
- Wedding Services Yes, Planet Hollywood has a wedding chapel.
- Business Center Yes.
- Convention Rooms Yes, a total of 75,000 square feet of meeting space including a 37,000-square-foot grand ballroom.
- Child-care Facilities No.
- Room Service Yes.
- Pets Allowed Yes, but only in specific rooms. There is also a fee.
- In-Room Internet Access Yes, it’s included in the resort fee.
- Hotel Amenities Concierge, currency exchange, laundry service, luggage service, maid service, safety deposit box, wake-up call.
- Parking Garage Yes, a 10-story parking garage
- RV Park No.
- Shuttle Service to the airport Shuttle service to and from the airport available for a fee from an outside company.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip No.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms Yes.
- Check-in Time 4 p.m.
- Check-out Time 11 a.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room 21 years.
- Policies The maximum total number of guests (adults and children) in a room is four.
- Incidental Charges For each additional person in a room beyond double occupancy, there is a charge of $35 extra per person, per night regardless of age. Hotel requires a credit card or a cash deposit for incidental charges.
- Resort Fee Planet Hollywood has a $20.00 per room, per night resort fee. Tax may or may not be included. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel.
The resort fee includes:
- Fitness center admission for two people per day.
- Daily in-room internet access for one device.
- All local calls.