What is the Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall in Las Vegas?
Located in an area dubbed the “Boulder Strip,” Sam’s Town Hotel & Gambling Hall brings together many facets of the Old West, making for a fun and memorable Las Vegas vacation. The resort is situated about 15 minutes from the Strip on the corner of Flamingo Road and Boulder Highway. Although you’ll find more locals than cowboys around these parts, you’ll definitely get a taste for the pioneering days of the past here. At Sam’s Town, you don’t have to be a cowboy to dress like one. Sheplers, a large western wear chain, is one unique store that is full of character. Famous brands like Wrangler, Levi’s, Lucchese, Stetson and Tony Lama line the shelves and drape the hangers. For leather apparel, luggage and purses, stop by Bogart’s Leather.
Sam’s Town Details
- Number of Rooms 646.
- Casino Yes, the casino is spread across three levels. Games include blackjack, Caribbean Stud Poker, craps, Let It Ride, pai gow poker, roulette, Madness 21, mini-baccarat, Megabucks, Super Megabucks, slots and video poker. There is a poker room, a keno lounge and a bingo room.
- Race & Sports Book Yes, a 13,000-square-foot race and sports book with 60 big-screen TVs.
- Restaurants Sam’s Town has the following dining options: Billy Bob’s Steak House & Saloon, Firelight Buffet, Willy and Jose’s Cantina, Calamity Jane’s Ice Cream Parlor, Food Court, Sports Deli, T.G.I. Friday’s and Bowling Alley Snack Bar.
- Entertainment Headliners and special events are featured in Sam’s Town Live. Roxy’s Lounge showcases live local bands.
- Nightlife Along with Roxy’s Lounge, there are several casino bars as well as bars at T.G. I. Friday’s, Billy Bob’s Steak House & Saloon and Willy and Jose’s Cantina.
- Attractions Yes. Sam’s Town boasts Mystic Falls Park, which includes a 25,000-square-foot indoor park complete with the “Sunset Stampede” light, laser and dancing fountains show. There is also a 56-lane AMF-equipped bowling center, the Century 18 Sam’s Town cinema and a video game arcade.
- Pool Yes, one outdoor pool and a Jacuzzi.
- Health Club or Fitness Equipment No.
- Spa Gatsby’s Salon offers hair, nails, skin and massage services.
- Shops Yes. There’s a gift shop, Sheplers Western Wear and Bogart’s Leather.
- Wedding Services Yes. Ceremony and reception services are available in the observation deck, ballrooms and convention facilities.
- Business Center Yes.
- Convention Rooms Yes. There are 30,000 square feet of meeting and banquet facilities, with rooms ranging in size from 720 square feet to 10,000 square feet.
- Child-care Facilities No.
- Room Service The hotel does not have room service, but food delivery is available through T.G.I. Friday’s.
- Pets Allowed Yes in the RV Park, not in the hotel. Pet must be under 25 pounds.
- In-Room Internet Access Yes, it’s included in the resort fee.
- Hotel Amenities Currency exchange, laundry services, luggage and maid service, wake-up calls and rental car service (Advantage Rental Car).
- Parking Garage Yes.
- RV Park Yes, there are two: One is open seasonally, the second is open year-round. Rates vary according to the season.
- Shuttle Service to the airport No.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip Yes. There is also shuttle service to Downtown Las Vegas.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms Yes.
- Check-in Time 3 p.m.
- Check-out Time Noon.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room 21 years.
- Policies Children 14 and under stay free with an adult. The maximum total number of guests (adults and children) in a room is four.
- Incidental Charges Hotel requires a credit card upon check-in for incidental charges.
- Resort Fee Sam’s Town has a $9.99 per room, per night resort fee. Tax may or may not be included. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel.
The resort fee includes:
- Unlimited local phone calls.
- Voice mail.
- Fax services.
- Shuttle service to the Strip and downtown.
- Wireless internet access (up to 1 MB of band width) for up to three devices.