What is the Gondola Ride at the Venetian?
“We transport riders to the most romantic city in the world and it’s a nice little getaway from the hustle and bustle from the casino,” said Cristiano Bracali, a gondolier at the Venetian. One of these romantic rides is sure to give you butterflies as well. Following the popular Italian tradition, couples can kiss under each bridge for good luck. Pucker up, because there are quite a few of them. Not that you’ll mind in the least bit — rides like these remind you of why you fell in love with your sweetie in the first place.
Gondoliers are experts in making moments special, including marriage proposals. “Proposals are frequent because they are so romantic,” Bracali said. “One that sticks out in my mind the most is a young couple who were very much in love. I [sang] the song to them and pulled around the corner and there was all of her family and many of her close friends standing there. She was very shocked. He dropped to one knee and proposed to her, with everyone watching.”
Gondola Ride at the Venetian Details
- Hours of operation: Indoor gondola: Sunday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m. – midnight. Outdoor gondola: 12 p.m. – 11 p.m. (operates seasonally, weather permitting). The last boat leaves the dock 15 minutes prior to closing each night. Tickets for the indoor gondola ride go on sale at 9 a.m.
- Cost: $18.95 per person. Children 2 years old and younger are free. A private, two-passenger gondola ride is available for $75.80. Prices apply for both indoor and outdoor gondola rides. Reservations may be made at the Emporio D’Gondola located inside the Grand Canal Shoppes.
- Payment options: Cash or credit.
- Reservations: Ticket sales open at 9 a.m. and can be purchased only for the same day.
- Location: Located at the Venetian hotel-casino at the intersection of the Vegas Strip and Spring Mountain Road.
- Age/Height/Weight restrictions: Not applicable.