What’s the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas?
These are accommodations that invite you to think big – whether you’re inspired to kick back or enjoy your suite as your private entertainment space. A new 8,500-square-foot performance theater featuring “Beacher’s Madhouse The Show,” which will push the boundaries of entertainment and fantasy, will open in January 2014. A separate experience under the same roof, Beacher’s Madhouse The Nightclub, will boast a circus-like energy and debut earlier on Dec. 27, 2013. With more than 20 restaurants, you can have a taste of the finest cuisine from around the world at MGM Grand. Many acclaimed international chefs helm one-of-a-kind dining experiences here.
MGM Grand Details
- Number of Rooms 5,044.
- Casino Yes. Casino games include blackjack, roulette, craps, pai gow poker, pai gow, Caribbean Stud and Let It Ride, slots, baccarat, keno and Megabucks. There is a 24-hour high-end gaming lounge called Whiskey Down.
- Race & Sports Book Yes, a 104-seat race and sports book, equipped with 94 televisions and 44 big screens.
- Restaurants The MGM Grand has the following dining options: Joël Robuchon, L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon, Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak, Pearl, Michael Mina Pub 1842, Fiamma Trattoria, Emeril’s New Orleans Fish House, Hakkasan Las Vegas, Rainforest Cafe, Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill, Grand Wok and Sushi Bar, Shibuya, Stage Deli, Avenue Café, Grand Buffet, ‘wichcraft and the seasonal Cabana Grille; plus three Starbucks, Blizz Frozen Yogurt, Corner Cakes, Project Pie and the MGM Grand Food Court. Crush will open in early Decemeber 2013.
- Entertainment Entertainment includes: Cirque du Soleil’s KÀ; Brad Garrett’s Comedy Club; visiting headliners at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, a 17,157-seat special events center; The Hollywood Theatre, a 650-seat theatre; and lounges. Beacher’s Madhouse The Show debuts in January 2014.
- Nightlife Hakkasan Las Vegas, Centrifuge, Rouge, West Wing Bar and Whiskey Down. Beacher’s Madhouse The Nightclub opens Dec. 27, 2013.
- Attractions There is the CBS Television City Research Center, where you can screen new television shows. MGM Grand also features its interactive attraction, CSI: The Experience. Music lovers can jam with rock legends at Rock ‘n’ Roll Fantasy Camp.
- Pool Yes, the 27,000-square-foot Grand Pool complex features five pools, a 1,000-foot-long lazy river pool and three Jacuzzis.
- Health Club or Fitness Equipment Yes.
- Spa Yes, the 29,000-square-foot The Grand Spa and Salon features more than 20 treatment rooms offers multiple types of massages and services. The spa also has Cristophe Salon, a full-service salon.
- Shops The District (a 115,000-square-foot shopping promenade) includes the following shops: The Watch Boutique, Misura, Optica, CBS Television City, the Sugar Factory and the Jeff Mitchum Gallery. Stores in The Underground include Grand Candy, Houdini Magic, Las Vegas Harley-Davidson, Pearl Factory, Photo Magic, Reviv, Star Magnet and Welcome to Las Vegas. Other stores in the hotel include Front Page news stand, Davidoff, KÀ Boutique, MGM Grand & Company and West Wing Boutique.
- Wedding Services Yes, the The Forever Grand Wedding Chapel offers a number of wedding ceremony packages.
- Business Center Yes.
- Convention Rooms Yes, a 50,000-square-foot Premier Ballroom, 62,000-square-foot Grand Ballroom/Exhibit Hall, 5,000-square-foot Vista Ballroom, more than 30 breakout rooms, two boardrooms, and more than 50,000 square feet of pre-function space.
- Child-care Facilities No.
- Room Service Yes.
- Pets Allowed No.
- In-Room Internet Access Yes, it’s included in the daily resort fee.
- Hotel Amenities Concierge, laundry, luggage and maid service, currency exchange, safety deposit box, wake-up calls.
- Parking Garage Yes.
- RV Park No.
- Shuttle Service to the airport No, but shuttle service to and from the airport can be arranged from an outside company for a fee.
- Shuttle Service to the Strip The Las Vegas monorail route includes stops at: MGM Grand, Bally’s/Paris, Flamingo, Harrah’s/The Quad, Las Vegas Convention Center, LVH – Las Vegas Hotel and Sahara Avenue.
- Wheelchair Accessible Rooms Yes.
- Check-in Time 3 p.m.
- Check-out Time 11 a.m.
- Minimum Age to Reserve a Room 21 years.
- Policies The maximum total number of guests in a petite king and grand king room is two and in a grand queen room is four. The maximum total number of guests in a suite varies.
Incidental Charges Hotel requires a valid credit card or debit card deposit upon check-in for incidental charges.
- Resort Fee MGM Grand has a $25.00 per room, per night resort fee. Tax may or may not be included. This fee is not included in your reservation and will be collected by the hotel.
The resort fee includes:
- High speed in-room internet access
- Daily USA Today newspaper available at Front Page newsstand
- Unlimited local and toll-free calls
- Limited Business Center services such as outgoing faxes, copies (up to 5 pages), notary, and boarding pass printing
- Access to the cardio room